WebLegal advice clients in all stages of the life cycle of the brand, including the choice of its verbal and graphic components; the filing, prosecution and enforcement of the trademark and its various functions, with a particular attention to the Internet usability and international aspects . Since July 2011, the opposition proceedings before the Italian patents and trademarks office was introduced in Italy to prevent the registration of trademarks by third parties in conflict with earlier rights.
The international protection1 of trade mark rights (especially on the Internet ) is one of WebLegal’s main areas of specialization, whose services comprehend:
- BEFORE THE FILING:
– Check on the distinctive character and other essential requirements of the sign;
– Anteriority searches;
– Internet usability;
– Filing of the Trademark application before national (UIBM), community (OAMI) and international (WIPO) offices;
– Domain name and brand management on the Internet;
– Administrative procedures before the relevant Office (refusal/objections/oppositions).
- AFTER THE REGISTRATION:
– Absolute/Relative grounds of nullity actions;
– Revocation for lack of use actions;
– Enforcement and litigation; customs protection; anticounterfeiting;
– Legal counsel on licensing and other agreements.
- ACTIVE/PASSIVE DEFENSE
– WebLegal provides assistance in the administrative and judicial enforcement of IPRs
Contact us for further enquires.