From domain hijacking to new TLDs, these were the top stories last month.
As I do every month, let’s kick May off with a look at the top stories in the domain name business from the past month. These are ranked in the order of pageviews on Domain Name Wire.
1. Wow: Spectrum (Charter) is a reverse domain name hijacker – Why did one of the nation’s biggest cable and communications companies resort to reverse domain name hijacking? This is a shocking case.
2. This $20 billion company uses a new TLD for its website, and… – DXC Technology, a merger of CSC and HP Enterprise Services, is using a .technology domain name for its website but .com for email.
3. An outgoing TLD manager reflects on the past and future of “new” domains – Francesco Cetraro gives an honest take on the state of new top level domains.
4. What domains HP Enterprise and other end users bought last week – One of my weekly end user domain sales columns was quite popular last month.
5. How selling cheap domains ruins your TLD for all users – Top level domain operators that sell domains for cheap risk ruining their reputation…leading to legitimate users abandoning the extension.
Here are last month’s podcasts:
Talking domains with Kevin Murphy (#133)
Making money with brandable domains (#132)
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times (Andrew Rosener) (#131)
Naming a Business (#130)
© DomainNameWire.com 2017. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact copyright (at) domainnamewire.com.
Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.
The post Top 5 Domain Name Wire stories in April appeared first on Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Views.
Go to Source
Author: Andrew Allemann