Verisign and the Gab controversy were top stories last month.
Last month’s headlines were dominated by news related to the U.S. government extending the Cooperative Agreement with Verisign. Let’s start by reviewing the top five posts on DNW in November, ranked by views:
1. Who wins, who loses from Trump Admin decision on domain names – You’re going to see a common theme emerge among the top stories. In this post, I reviewed the winners and losers from the decision to let Verisign increase prices on .com domain names.
2. Holy sh!t…Verisign just called out “Domain Scalpers” and its biggest customers – Just a day after getting U.S. approval to raise prices, Verisign threw domain investors under the bus.
3. U.S. Gov Grants Verisign .Com Price Hikes – If you don’t know the background for the first two stories, read this one.
4. Pennsylvania Attorney General subpoenas Epik over Gab.com domain name – Epik decided to accept Gab.com at its registrar and was repaid with a subpoena.
5. Domains suggest which cities might get XFL football teams – Domain names tipped off which cities were in the running for football teams.
I also had some great podcast interviews last month. Click the links to listen, or download them on your podcast app:
#210 – Brewing up Brew.com
© DomainNameWire.com 2018. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact copyright (at) domainnamewire.com. Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.
Go to Source
Author: Andrew Allemann